Building the AMA SAUT part 3

Part 3

Time to check a few things before going on. Look at the firewall. Insure that the front of the firewall is in line with the back of the notches cut in the upper nacelle sides and lower inside light play nacelle side on the bottom. This is important. Now look at the plans where the firewall and f-4 meet. See that 1 inch piece of 1/16 balsa? That goes behind the lowere nacelle notch and over about 1/3 of f-4. That will act the mating piece for the hatch cover.

Now lets work on the servos mounting rails. I screwed this up twice before I got it right. Hopefully you won't. The servos are mounted upside down and the bottom of each servo fits into a hole you create in the wind. So before you proceed, you need to have the kit. Follow the instructions in MA and make the cut in the covering on ONE wing. We will do this one at a time so we don't screw anything up. I did not use a soldering iron to cut the covering as I feel the burn notch to be a lot deeper than a cut with a sharp blade. I sued the masking tape as my guide and cut it with a new razor blade. Came out fine.

You need to measure the servos you will use to insure servo arm clearance. I sued a mini and ad a standard size for the throttle and airleron respectively. Hence my mounting rails required a little jury rigging. Once I had the servos mounted on the rails, I fitted (with some sanding) them into the nacelle. I then mounted the nacelle on the wing to insure I had clearance. Once I was satisfied that the throttle was on the right side, I tack glued them with CA and then used medium CA on top of that. OK, that's it for npow.

Reply to
Ted