Current on an Ac generator

HI, I'm building an AC generator and it consists of a single phase stator which a has 8 coils-300 turns(I've connected them in series) and a rotor with 8 poles ceramic magnets (N-S alternating). It's a small hydroelectric generator that needs to turn on small voltage/current Light. Now , when it rotates, there's voltage but no current. Could it be the magnets that are not strong enough? Or might it be something else? Please, let me know. Thanks.

Reply to
Virginia

Off hand, it sounds like you are in over your pay grade. If you are getting the voltage with no load, your magnets are strong enough (whatever that means). Do you measure what happens to the voltage when the load is connected?

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Reply to
Virginia

did you reverse every other coil? Remember the magnets are set N-S-N-S Do you have the coils wound on a stator.?

Reply to
Don Kelly