Current reversal in 2 connected car batteries?

That'd be [sic], then.
--

Ian D

(SteveH) contains these words:

"True English?" Is that like the Queens' English, then? Which is very close to the language spoken in Fort William, which I may add is in Scotland.
I don't know anybody who speaks "true English."
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Is being French a bad thing?
cheers, clive

:-p
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

To most Brits I know...and to anybody that believes that language is a dynamic, living entity that is constantly evolving, despite the belief of some that they can dictate how others communicate.
Eric Lucas

It's not my fault you move in small circles :-)

Would you be referring to the French officials trying to define their language? You do realise that they aren't actually your typical Frenchman, don't you?
clive

That, and those Englishmen who insist on being self-appointed arbiters of the English language.

Uh, yeah, it was a joke.
Eric Lucas

He's American, so he only knows what he sees in the US media.

Because of course Yanks are not self-superior at all, are they!

So your position is that, because you believe what your media tells you about American being self-superior, you are justified in acting that way, too? At least I have the evidence of my own eyes in this case...
Eric Lucas

I can't decide what "paper" you read. Is it the laughably called "News Of The World" or the "Sun" to reach these narrow minded, jaundiced opinions of the world?
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Strikes me there's a clue in the name...
gurgled happily, sounding much like they

I don't speak nor write British, though...
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com
DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

As you so ably demonstrate.
gurgled happily, sounding much like they

Yup. I don't have a problem with my inability since British or English is not my first language, fortunately I have a spellchecker that can help me out with most things...
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Unless, of course, it's self-superiority _by_ Americans.
Why cant we just all get along?
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were

-
Skenny wrote:

Because some of us get annoyed at others who don't do things properly. You know, things like top-posting for example.
:-)
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

You know what I hated about the movie "An American Werewolf in London"? Trying to understand the bloody accents of the chaps in the little bar room. I suppose that was english, I mean it WAS in England and all, so what else could it had been?
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were

-

Yes, that would be how your weak battery takes in some charge.

No, that's how batteries work (rechargable ones at least).
You put charge in, then take it out.
--
David Taylor