Does code allow this?

I am in the process of wrapping things up. To aid future installations, would it be ok to put conduit into my sub panel, even if there is no wire in there? It would make it easier to install a circuit at a later date.

But i know inspectors dont like to see knockouts out with no circuit in it. Would this also apply to a pvc conduit?

Reply to
stryped

The only restriction would be that the conduits are all terminated in an enclosure somewhere or capped off.

Reply to
gfretwell

Do they make a screw on cap for pvc?

Reply to
stryped

The best way is to just stick a box on the end but it would take a very anal inspector to trash you for slipping a regular plumbing cap on the end.

Reply to
gfretwell

They make a threaded screw on cap. To use it with PVC you'd have to glue a threaded box fitting onto the conduit first.

Reply to
Rich.