electric showers

I have a 100amp service fuse in my property,could i have two electric showers.

TIA

Reply to
gary moore

On Thu, 6 May 2004 18:27:04 +0100, gary moore put forth the notion that...

This question could probably be answered better in a plumbing group. HTH

Reply to
Checkmate

What are talking about? We are not long-distance mind readers. Please provide more intelligent information.

-Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

You need to give more info, like at least which country you're in. I recognise a UK ISP, however...

The answer depends on what other electrical loads you have, but in anycase, it's probably going to be 'no' unless they are both no more than 7.5kW, which you'll find pretty pathetic for an electric shower.

Other questions -- why can't you use a stored hot water system? Is the flow rate at your water main sufficient for two showers? What other fuel energy supplies do you have and what type of central heating and hot water heating does the house have?

If you really need to do this, you are probably going to have to get a second phase supplied (100A is the max allowed for a single phase supply in the UK -- any more and you have to have 2 or 3 phases supplied). The cost will depend how far away from your house the street 3-phase supply is and the work involved in getting a 3-phase feed in (and if you're in a rural area with only one or two houses nearby, there may be no 3-phase infrastructure near enough for it to be viable).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel