Electrical Power Systems Books

Hi,
I am looking for a book on electrical power systems. There are lots out there and I am not sure which one to get. I am looking for
something that has theory and practical applications. Something that will explain/show electrical distribution, synchronization with grid networks, generator synchronization etc - preferably with MATLAB or simulation software.
Thanks, LS
EE HomePage.com has a number of on-line resources in its subject index at: http://www.eehomepage.com/db_index.php?l=P . Scroll down the page until you see items for "power" to see if any are what you are looking for. You might also checkout www.scilab.org if you are looking for a MATLAB clone. That site seemed to be down when I just checked, but a Google search on "scilab" will probably get you where you need to go.