Electrical installation question

I'm a student and I have an assignment, designing an electrical installation for a house. It's the first time I'm doing this and inevitably I've stumbled upon some questions.

How many outlets should I put on each line? I have 4 outlets in every room, should I take a line just for those 4 outlets or can I take one line and split to two rooms? Our teacher instructed us not to mix outlets and lighting in the same line so I can't do that.

Can I split a lighting line to two rooms or should I take a separate one for each room?

Reply to
qwerty

buffalobill

Where are you? You seem to be posting from +1 timezone.

Domestic electrical installations vary from country to country..

Reply to
Palindrome

Palindrome wrote in news:enilrv$23b$1 @aioe.org:

I'm Greek.

Reply to
qwerty

qwerty a écrit :

A good practice is to deal the lighting lines between floors, so that in the event of circuit failure, there is lighting in another room on the same floor. For the outlets, this is not so important but can also be done. In belgian for the outlets, we can put 8 on 1 line with a 16A fuse (or 20A automatic circuit breaker). These 8 outlets can be single or double. Hope this help Janos, for the industry some interesting stuf can be found here :

Janos

For general purpose outlets, the NEC stipulates a maximum of 10 on a 15 amp circuit, and a maximum of 13 on a 20 amp.

Reply to
Long Ranger