Aircraft Lighting Question

All,

I'm in the middle of planning a 1/6 Scale A-4 Skyhawk in Warpaint and since I have room I was interested in providing accurate lighting if at all possible. The obvious question would be

What type of Lighting was used on these ? I am guessing that wingtip lights (Red and Green) and possibly strobes as well ? From the online sources I've found it appears that there were multiple bulbs in each wingtip. Also was there a rear strobe ? Landing Lights I have covered.

Some of the A-4's at Miramar did have Red Strobes atop the Fuse as well. Any others ?

Any squadron lighting ?

Regards

Bill

Reply to
William R. Mattil

I would imagine the lights were made by Grimes, as they were (or are) mainly military & airline suppliers. There would have been a white nav light on the tail in addition to the red & green wingtip lights. I'd be surpised if they used wingtip strobes in addition to the red beacon/strobe on the fuselage. Maybe if you Google for Grimes aircraft lighting.

Reply to
frank