which is best?

fast frames vs ez mask. in regards to accuracy, ease of use and final look. i like the homebrew look and feel of ezmask but the ff's seem good too. anyone reccomend an easy aircraft to start with?

Reply to
someone

I've tried masks just once, went right back to BMF!

Reply to
chuck ryan

too inaccurate, too much work...?

Reply to
someone

What does BMF have that the masks don't?

Reply to
Dick's News

I tried Fast Frames ONCE, and decided that they weren't for me. To me there was something about them that didn't look right. They fit well enough for the most part, but maybe they stood just a little too "proud" or something. If it were me, I'd go for the EZ masks. If you don't want to shell out the money for EZ masks, get your self some Parafilm-M or Bare Metal Foil and a NEW #11 blade and carefully trim around the frame(s). This is all just MHO=85

Reply to
Don McIntyre

it's almost free and fairly easy to get good at doing.

Reply to
someone

ok, thanks. i think i sort of understand about the ff's.

Reply to
someone

You make it fit no matter which kit frames you're doing. If you have masks for a Tamiya, they may not fit just right on any other brand. I'm not saying someone would purposly get Tamigawa masks if they had the Mono kit but.........With BMF it doesn't matter which brand kit you have!

BMF burnishes down very well, following just about ANY compound curves (I've used it for auto bumpers as well). I use balsa stubs and toothpicks to burnish it down along the edges and get into the corners. You don't have to worry about the middle. Lightly dragging a new #11 blade along the frame edge (maybe 2-3 times if needed) cuts right through the foil. A little burnish touch up and you're ready to paint. A light flick of the blade tip lifts the foil's edge for easy removal. IF any kind of residue gets left behind, dabbing it with masking tape picks it right up!

I know some builders might swear by pre-made masks, not me But then foiling is my favorite part of auto modeling; which doesn't make sense because I hate applying decals on anything :-)

Reply to
chuck ryan

thanks

Reply to