Fast Frames question

While going through another "reorganization" of the debris field known as my hobby, I found a number of Fast Frames. Since I HATE masking canopies I was
looking for any shortcut I could find, so I bought bunches. However I can't recall ever seeing a review or build with them featured. Now I see they are discontinued.
So what was the verdict? Not good apparently. Did any of you guys ever use them? Have a buddy/clubmate that did? Opinions?
I'm looking at making a semi large buy of Eduard and/or EZ Masks to kick start an aircraft building, well spree is the only word that comes to mind but I'd hardly call it that.
And does anyone know the deal with Eduard. Looking at the site it seems that more than half of thier stuff is "Canceled". WTF? Is it just the cycle and the items will be back "some day"?
Frank
grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in

And yes I did Google but it appears Squadron weren't the only people that thought fast frames sounded like a cool name.
On 10/4/2010 1:35 PM, Gray Ghost wrote:

Hi.
I personally thought fast frames didn't look that good the one time I used them.
I have some Eduard kit's with their masks in them, but will never use them.
I use Parafilm and a sharp knife to mask off canopies. That or Tamiya masking tape. A sharp Xacto blade is a must.
It's not that hard once ya get used to it, really. Parafilm is the best thing for me. I cover the canopy, and then with a sharp blade just follow the panel line (s) on the canopy (letting the knife with slight pressure follow the raised line) and then peel the frame parts away carefully of course. I've never been disappointed.
Does it take a while at times ? Sure. But so does assembling individual track links for armour models too.......
--
AM

http://sctuser.home.comcast.net

http://www.novac.com