Rommels staff car kit from the 60's

Does anyone remember a kit from the mid-60's of Rommel's staff car with Rommel and his driver as skeletons in uniform?

Disco58 wrote:

LOL! It was called "Rommel's Rod"-- 1/24 scale kit by Monogram. I just Googled "Rommel's Rod" and I got quite a kick out of looking at images of it! That had to be one of the wackiest things stodgy old Monogram ever did.
dancho wrote:

Yeah - I remember that one, too.
What was the one that looked like the Monkey's Mobile, but with a skeleton? Seem to recall Monogram going through a skeleton phase with some of thier car and armor kits...
--
- Rufus

You must be thinking of the "Li'l Coffin" though I don't think it looks much like the "Monkeemobile":
<http://www.showrods.com/showrod_pages/lil_coffin.html

My "From" address is munged - use 'modeleral (at) swbell (dot) net' to respond
dancho wrote:

I think I read on the Hobby Heaven Message Board that the moulds for that have gone missing. If so you'll have to check the usual sources for an original.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Yea, if you have one, give me a price
Disco58 wrote:

Don't faint, but one went for $ 800+ on eBay last year. Ol'45
Ol' 45 wrote:

One of the guys in our IPMS chapter happend to stop at a garage sale last year and saw over a dozen old kits, all still shrink-wrapped, for sale. They included an Aurora F-110 Spectre (AKA F-4C Phantom II) and a pristine Monogram "Rommel's Rod". He asked how much they wanted for all of them and the lady, who said the kits belonged to her deceased father, replied "oh, how about $20?". Having a conscience, he paid $40 knowing that any one of the kits would sell for more than $40 on eBay. He did sell "Rommel's Rod" on eBay for what he said was a really, REALLY good price and I think this might have been the one.
Martin
After checking eBay again I did find one for $100, MIB, and one built for a little less than $40. Even $40 is well more than I'd be willing to pay. I had no idea the price would be even remotely close to that. I thought it might be fun to have again to build, but I guess I'll leave it as it was--a fond memory.
Well I had just looked over the kit,
ALL parts are still attached to trees,chrome is good,so is the glass.
Make a serious offer.....I had bought if years ago and paid through the nose for it in a show an Jacksonville ,FLA.
I'm in Daytona.