electricty question

Note I don't know jack sheet about electricity and here is my question:

I got one of these warm tiles WIRE rolls. You put it over the backer board before you lay the tile down. This is a wire that lays in my case in my bathroom floor. Going to keep the wife happy when she gets up in the winter.

WARM TILE says check the wire after you get it laid to make sure it works. Put it on a Ohm meter?? I know nothing about electric, I went to lowes bought a GREENLEE DM-20 meter bottom of it reads CAT11 MAX 300V

This wire is suppose to read out 19 or 20 ohms.. I hook up the white wire from the roll to the black lead and black wire to the red lead. Now knowing NOTHING about this meter I bought I switch to all the settings looking for a 19 or 20.. bottom shows 2 settings that are symbols.. I look in the book it came with the one that stands for DIODE shows 19 symbol beside it is called Continuity, it reads 20 and beeps...

I take it the wire is ok showing me a 19 and 20.. This I take it is showing me the Ohms?? Hate to be a dumb azz but my brother got the shit shocked out of him when we were little and I never messed with even a plug

Reply to
Jack Valance

Find somebody who knows what they're doing and have them look at it. You don't want to be messing around with this stuff if you don't even have a basic understanding of electricity.

If you want to check the impedance of the wire, the Ohms range on the meter will have the Greek leter Omega, it looks like this

Most inexpensive multimeters are not terribly accurate at measuring such low resistances, so anything from 10-30 or so Ohms is probably ok.

Reply to
James Sweet

WHY do that? I would rather have a live person like James to teach me something here Thank you James I got it.

Reply to
Jack Valance