electrocution speed

Hello, is it true that 110V electrocution speed is lower than the 220V one? Thank you :)

Dany wrote:

Voltage doesn't kill. It's the current that kills so your question is meaningless.

Michael A. Terrell ha spiegato il 03/09/2011 :

Your answer confirms what I thought. I asked that question because some sites say that electrocution is greater with 220V.
Dany wrote:

That is still meaningless, because you don't say what form of '220V' you are talking about. if you are talking residential US wiring, you have to get across both sides of the line. One side to ground is 120V. You also don't state the conditions that either incident occurs, as well. You have given no valid data to form a valid conclusion.

Scriveva Michael A. Terrell sabato, 03/09/2011:

I meant 220V one phase to ground. In the same situation and condition, is it more dangerous to get an electric shock of 120V or 220V ? Thank you ;)
"Dany" wrote in message
Scriveva Michael A. Terrell sabato, 03/09/2011:

I meant 220V one phase to ground. In the same situation and condition, is it more dangerous to get an electric shock of 120V or 220V ? Thank you ;)
----------------------------------- There are too many factors beside voltage. There have been cases of people getting across 13KV to ground and surviving and others of 120V to ground not surviving.In the first- spasms can throw one clear of contact and the heart can start normally. In the second, the heart may not recover normal rhythm. Duration, body current, health are factors. Voltage, except as it influences these is not of concern. Fibrillation at relatively low internal currents can be more lethal than complete heart stoppage at higher internal currents. There is some data floating around ( I have some of this somewhere in a back closet) regarding both safe current levels and time to fibrillation for a current at a given level. Due to the lack of voluntary subjects (pigs don't volunteer) there is a certain amount of statistical data. Certain states which have electrocution as a punishment may have data but, on the other hand, overkill is overdoing it is quite certain- even if it is a bit messy.
Don Kelly cross out to reply
Dany wrote:

If all other conditions are identical, it might. OTOH, the higher voltage could cause a muscle spasm that pushes you away from the voltage source, or ground. It's still a crap shoot.

Ok :) thank you all

110V is plenty high enough. If you're in doubt, stick your fingers into a socket.

I didn't say it wasn't!
--
Stuart Winsor

Then 220V won't "more easily break down" what's already been broken down.

Not going to argue with you, I'm just presenting known facts here.
--
Stuart Winsor

It depends upon how "electrocution speed" is defined. Moreover, how do you include or exclude the effects non-electrical factors in the "speed"?
--

Sam