EMF and Childhood Leukemia

This current article in EC&M magazine reveals some startling results.

electrician

While I want to keep an open mind, I tend to discredit such reports. Evidence is mighty slim. Electrical workers usually live longer than others unless they are unfortunate enough to be be electrocuted or fall from the top of a utility pole. I also think there is more of a chance that people accumulate chemicals such as creosote from utility poles and discarded items that contain PCB and the like. In addition, power lines tend to run along busy streets with motor vehicles emitting a lot of who knows what.

Convince me.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

that contain PCB and the like.

Oh no, I used creosote treated railroad ties around our $1400 organic garden.

Reply to
electrician

There goes the myth of organic farming. On the other hand, creosote is a truly natural product of a wild plant used to keep competitors away. Sort of like cattle ranchers shooting at sheep herders.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Hey man, emf does cause cancer and the gov't is coveing it up big time. But president Bush is not the one doing it.

Reply to
Nobody

What about the historic shift from using mettalic conduit to Romex? When did Leukemia rates start to peak? I have a friend who is very concerned about EMF fields. He brought a Tri-Field meter to my old house (built in

1946 with mettalic c>This current article in EC&M magazine reveals some startling results.
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

This current article in EC&M magazine reveals some startling results.

operator jay

Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I think the post war (WWII) building boom put the end to the BX (or equivalent metal covered) cable in most single home construction. I don't think metal conduit was ever a major factor in home wiring.

I would not think that with the conductors less than 1/2" apart that the romex would "radiate" all that far.

What's worse, the magnetic or the electric fields?

EMWTK

Reply to
John Gilmer

Rewiring my old house was a snap. pulling out the cloth covered rubber wiring and with it pulling in new stuff.

With today's code you are never more than a few feet from an outlet and there are wires "everywhere" above and around the house.

I don't think anyone really knows what is worse for you, if at all. The point is we are bathed in it.

Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**