EMF and Childhood Leukemia

This current article in EC&M magazine reveals some startling results. http://ecmweb.com/mag/electric_emf_childhood_leukemia /

On 12/3/06 4:36 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,

While I want to keep an open mind, I tend to discredit such reports. Evidence is mighty slim. Electrical workers usually live longer than others unless they are unfortunate enough to be be electrocuted or fall from the top of a utility pole. I also think there is more of a chance that people accumulate chemicals such as creosote from utility poles and discarded items that contain PCB and the like. In addition, power lines tend to run along busy streets with motor vehicles emitting a lot of who knows what.
Convince me.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush
Salmon Egg wrote:

<<I also think there is more of a chance that people

Oh no, I used creosote treated railroad ties around our $1400 organic garden.
On 12/3/06 11:14 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com,

There goes the myth of organic farming. On the other hand, creosote is a truly natural product of a wild plant used to keep competitors away. Sort of like cattle ranchers shooting at sheep herders.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush
Hey man, emf does cause cancer and the gov't is coveing it up big time. But president Bush is not the one doing it.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080502000300030806030903 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
What about the historic shift from using mettalic conduit to Romex? When did Leukemia rates start to peak? I have a friend who is very concerned about EMF fields. He brought a Tri-Field meter to my old house (built in 1946 with mettalic conduit) and was surprised that the meter barely moved (except near appliances). At his newer home the meter read quite high. I am now in a newer 1980's home and am surprised at all the romex in the attic walls etc., above and around bedrooms. We are bathed in an EM field for sure.
snipped-for-privacy@electrician2.com wrote:

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"
operator jay wrote:

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080405040104000901010601 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
John Gilmer wrote:

Rewiring my old house was a snap. pulling out the cloth covered rubber wiring and with it pulling in new stuff.

With today's code you are never more than a few feet from an outlet and there are wires "everywhere" above and around the house.

I don't think anyone really knows what is worse for you, if at all. The point is we are bathed in it.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"