Welding - sorta - electrical - yes - really both! Best be aware just in case you need.

I get a number of odd and ends mags around here and at work - in EC&M I spotted CADWELD PLUS "Revolutionizes Exothermic Connections"
It is a Graphite 'mold' that a cup "Package" is placed. The wire or cable to be joined is below.
It doesn't say in the article - but it appears to weld or melt over at least bronze onto the copper. A rounded slug is over the but joint.
http://www.erico.com /
No relation in any way other than eyesight in a mag.
Maybe something for a job bid some day. Also - looks neat! e.g. welding lightening cable...
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
Here are some local sites - there is a nice PDF file on how to cable buildings for protection.....etc.

It's just a copper-based thermite, rather than an iron-based thermite. Nothing "revolutionary" about it.
Talk to someone installing large radio transmitters. It's a common way of laying their ground planes out.
If it was my guess - I'd say bronze powder and thermite that then creates a bronze shaped 'weld'.
I'd think it would be useful mending a knotted fense wire. As a general tie off for cable it looks like a good item.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
Eastburn wrote:

I have used cadweld molds and "shots" (the thermite mixture) for several years in bonding and grounding Radio Transmission towers. They are the best thing going for connecting heavy ground cable to ground rods and tower bases. I currently have about 8 different graphite molds for cadwelding. Jim