ferrite cores

i need to repair the ferrite cores in a H F transformer in a welding inverter, the cores are busted into peices, it has two oval coils of thick copper side by side, with four u shaped ferrites bolted end to end to make two rings. Question is could i get replacements ? or better still could i salvage some ferrite and make my own ? i have found ferrite in bar and block form but i'm guessing they can't be made up from seperate parts, like 3 square bars fixed into a u shape. I know zero about this , so i'm ready to learn.

Reply to
Motor

I doubt that you can repair the cores. They are ceramic and it would be pretty difficult to sinter them or glue them. Even if you could, there would be air gaps at the joints. In the long run, it would be cheaper to get new transformers.

How did you break them?

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

cores. They are ceramic and it would be

Reply to
Motor

Is this a single sentence? I do not understand it.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

5-10mm "air gap" vs a fraction of a mm will make a large and undesired difference in any magnetic core and the performance of the device.
Reply to
Don Kelly

Thanks, thats that one sorted.

Reply to