Best BEGINNER textbook (Electronics class, on transistors)

I am a senior in Electrical Engineering right now. Currently I am using Sedra and Smith's Microelectronics book. However...it is too dry
and too detailed. I can't read through it as hard as I try.
What are some great BEGINNER'S textbook for an Electronics course? We focus on transistors (BJT and MOSFETS). We will be designing amplifiers and looking at transistor models. I care more about how to practically apply what is learned instead of too much theory.
Thanks!
Try 'Art of Electronics' by Horowitz and Hill regards, S.Ramamurthy

I'm curious. You're a senior and just starting in on transistors? What university are you attending?
Al
Ramamurphy: Thanks! I've heard that from other people also. I will get a hold of the book.
Al: Ahh, no I'm not just starting. I learned this stuff when I was a sophomore. However, my teacher wasn't very good. The main issue that I have is the different ways of modeling a transistor. The reason is my professor was not consistent with his notations (i_b and I_b). He also never taught us how to calculate certain resistances (r_pi, r_o). I actually wasn't clear on the issue until a couple of days ago (my new professor is very good and to the point).
I am taking an upper division Electronics course right now. My main point was to find a textbook that was less wordy and more to the point. I just want to make sure that I learn it well this time (although in the future I will be doing embedded systems instead of electrical oriented subjects, and I definitely don't want to design op amps for a living!).

On 25 Jan 2007 21:27:35 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Google NEETS