grounding to gas lines

Could someone please direct me to an online source of information on the obvious reasons why we don't ground to gas lines, as well as the alternatives for homeowners and utility installers. Thanks, Katherine

Reply to
Kate

this seems a reasonable approach:

TimPerry

Dear Katherine

Here in the UK a lot of domestic gas lines are being replaced by plastic pipes - bonding between earth potential and gas pipe is no longer a valid option in this case

Reply to
Setanta