grounding to gas lines

Could someone please direct me to an online source of information on the obvious reasons why we don't ground to gas lines, as well as the
alternatives for homeowners and utility installers. Thanks, Katherine
Kate wrote:

this seems a reasonable approach: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t (0873

Dear Katherine
Here in the UK a lot of domestic gas lines are being replaced by plastic pipes - bonding between earth potential and gas pipe is no longer a valid option in this case