grounding to gas lines

Could someone please direct me to an online source of information on
the obvious reasons why we don't ground to gas lines, as well as the
alternatives for homeowners and utility installers.
Thanks,
Katherine
Reply to
Kate
this seems a reasonable approach:

TimPerry
Dear Katherine
Here in the UK a lot of domestic gas lines are being replaced by plastic pipes - bonding between earth potential and gas pipe is no longer a valid option in this case
Reply to
Setanta