Headphone impedance mismatch

I've got a multi-track recorder whose output impedance is 30 Ohms, and I can't find any headphones with that type of impedance. Using normal
(8 ohm) headphones really makes the sound crappy. Is there a way I can match the 8 ohm impedance of a set of headphones to the output impedance of this device? If not (or if that's going to be hard) is there some other solution?
If you could send me email at snipped-for-privacy@exmsft.com, that would be great because it's easy to miss a post.
Thanks,
Dan

Could just get an external headphone amp. Behringer sells one for a song with 4 output no less.
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
Todd H. wrote:

I would think Sennheiser or AKG phones would work - my old AKG K-240's were 30 ohms, my old Sennheiser HD-440's were 600 ohms. Models like this should be compatible.
Mark Z.

I suggest 8 ohms is not normal for Hi-Fi headphones. My Sennheiser HD-570's have a DCR of abut 70 ohms (I've not checked the nominal AC impedance as I've mislaid my specs file!) Cheers, Roger
The best solution is an external headphone amplifier.
--

Jerry G.

"Dan Hinsley" < snipped-for-privacy@exmsft.com> wrote in message

Probably any phones with impedance of 16 ohms or greater will work fine.
Headphones with impedances of 30 ohms and up are readily available. The first that come to mind are Sennheiser HD 580s, which have impedance in excess of 200 ohms.

Crappy in what way?

Yes, there are all kinds of headphone amps that you can buy, starting with the Boostaroo at about $20. There are a ton of headphone amps intended for studio use, starting around $30 and up.