Noticeable signal loss from several series phone adaptors?

I am in the UK. Would I get appreciable signal loss (e.g. equivalent to 0.5 of a REN or more) if I use several adaptors on my landline phone?

By "adaptor" I mean the sort of 2 (or 3) into one adaptor. See image at:

I might I have this sort of wiring config (depending on exactly how many adapters I decide to use):

phone wall socket adapter adapter adapter telephone

For most of the time the adaptors would not actually have any extra devices attached.

Reply to
Stefan.

Stefan: If the adapters are in good condition and properly working there will be negligible loss.

Reply to
sofie

Dan is right. The ringer impedance is at least in the 10s of ohms, and the adapters should introduce a fraction of an ohm if the connections are normal/ok.

H. R.(Bob) HOfmann

sofie wrote:

message

equivalent

Reply to
hrhofmann

I don't know:) with the money you've spent on all those adapters you could've bought some bell wire and placed a telephone outlet just where you need it instead of extending the line around.

all you need is a drill, =BCin long bit to go through walls, wiretacker, wire and a tel/outlet from the 99=A2 store.

Reply to
Roy Q.T.