help! selfmade ISDN DSL Splitter

Hello newsgroup, we are three enthusiasted electronics amateurs and we got that idea into our heads to build our own splitter box. I have a ISDN+ADSL connection at home. Based on that connection we would like to separate the a) DSL signal b) ISDN signal c) Analog telephone signal (POTS?) with an appropriate self-implemented hardware setup. Does someone have experience with this, which he / she would like to share with me? Has somebody already implemented such a cicruit or could someone explain to me how this is achieved best? A block diagram would be surely helpful, because unfortunately we do not have much notion of the whole telecom stuff. Are there integrated solutions, i.e. special components, which one could use? I would search for components myself but I don't have a clue under which keyword those components are traded? It would also be helpful to know something about the expected signal characteristics, e.g. voltage swing, offset, frequency range, etc. I can remember something like voltage offset of -60V at the POTS signal.... or something like that? What about the ringing impulse with ISDN and POTS? It is definitely different with bioth, I guess?!

Any kind of answer and held is highly appreciated.

Best regards Max

Reply to
M. Bayerer

Unless you have something highly unusual, ISDN comes in on its own single pair. Any fillters or loading coils placed on an ISDN line have the potential to degrade the signal. An ISDN line will not be connected to any POTS lines.

Now if you are talking about DSL, that is a high speed carrier the piggybacks on a normal POTS line. The filters are so cheap ($5) or so that you are better of buying instead of trying to make your own.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Some European telco's do offer ADSL on ISDN lines (although not in the UK). I believe the ADSL signal is just pushed higher up the frequency spectrum, but I don't have the details.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

higher up the frequency spectrum,

That is correct. ADSL uses frequencies from 10kHz up to several MHz.

Reply to
AverageGuy