induction motor and calculations

I am trying to learn and learn the basics of induction motors. So far
I have learned that there are single phase, three phase etc. Also, a
lot has to do with load and power. Just what exactly does load mean
and how do I calculate total power if I have 3 motors with 2hp, 20hp
AND 10hp respectively?
Thanks,
GN
Reply to
genenamg
I am trying to learn and learn the basics of induction motors. So far I have learned that there are single phase, three phase etc. Also, a lot has to do with load and power. Just what exactly does load mean and how do I calculate total power if I have 3 motors with 2hp, 20hp AND 10hp respectively?
Thanks, GN
Reply to
genenamg
rote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
Latex pants???
**Kirk Johnson** **"Stretching It Wide Since '75"**

Kirk Johnson
Well power is revolutions times torque. A single pahse cannot deliver constant torque, whereas a threephase can. The rest are details.
Rene
Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar
Do you mean that you're too lazy, or too incompetent, to do a google search?
Good Luck! Rich
Reply to
Rich Grise