Capacitor bank, switch box

I am interested in learning about electical power systems. What is the function of a capacitor bank? How does it work? If I were to design a switch box for an average home, how would I do it? Where can I find information on this on the web?

Thanks, GN

Reply to
genenamg

a cap bank helps bring the current and the voltage back in sync..... because the current can lead and lag the voltage....

Reply to
Phillip