Centrifugal switch?

I am still trying to locate a web page with a diagram indicating how a centrifugal switch gets implemented. I presume that the centrifugal part
is attached to the rotor, buy how does it activate a stationary switch for energizing a starting capacitor?
Bill
Salmon Egg wrote:

I already explained, it pushes a thrust bearing down the shaft, which pushes on a fork or other lever attached to the contacts. It looks similar to the release bearing of an automotive clutch.
5 seconds with Google came up with piles of photos
http://www.lewis-banks.com/images/csw2grp1.gif
http://www.lewis-banks.com/images/csw1grp1.gif
http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/51736276/Centrifugal_Switch.jpg
http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/51735252/Centrifugal_Switch.jpg

Somehow, your recent post makes more sense than anythging I remember reading earlier. The links to photos help a bit but not much.
In any event, it seems that you cannot get away from the expense and complication of a bearing.
Bill
Salmon Egg wrote:

I use the term "bearing" loosely, it's usually just a plastic washer of sorts that pushes against the switch contacts, it's probably a pretty tiny proportion of the cost of the motor.

Under these circumstances, what keeps the "bearing" from wearing out from friction?
Bill
Salmon Egg wrote:

There's very little pressure on it, just that required to hold the contacts closed, and it's only touching for a split second as the motor spins up, and a few seconds longer as it spins down. While running, it's pulled back and the contacts are allowed to open.
Salmon Egg wrote:

A weight assembly is rotated by the shaft, at a predetermined speed the weights force a bobbin along the shaft to open the contacts connecting the capacitor to the start winding.
Regards ......... Rheilly P

For some reason, your choice of words, particularly "bobbin," greatly helped me understand. Thanks.
Bill
Salmon Egg wrote:

No worries, we're all here to help each other on the path to learning :-)
Cheers ...... Rheilly P