intermittent contact

i need to simulate an intermittent contact on a 10 amere test circuit. 0-10ohms would be about right.
Many thx
Daniel

sorry group, i stated the problem very badly...here it is again.. i have a load connected across mains voltage of 240v. the load draws 10amperes. I wish to simulate an itermittent connection (such as a bad switch contact or failing joint) in this circuit. has anyone any experience or knowledge that might help me. it's a little ironic that such faults often occur in practice but to design and build one....??? any ideas?
thx

Use a relay or a solid state relay controlled by a random event generator.
Some examples of RNG circuits: http://members.shaw.ca/roma/thirty-four.html

thx, Tim, for that. i must say that thought had occurred to me...i was rather hoping for a kind of electro-mechanical solution which could simulate arcing...i am toying with the idea of a gas discharge surge arrestor in parallel with a resistor....any ideas gratefully accepted and acknowledged
many thx
Daniel
Danny wrote:

Why not use a short length of steel or brass chain for your conductor. Attach a spring to put tension on the spring, then use a motor with a plastic cam and lever to disturb the chain intermittently.
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"
thx, Tim, for that. i must say that thought had occurred to me...i was rather hoping for a kind of electro-mechanical solution which could simulate arcing...i am toying with the idea of a gas discharge surge arrestor in parallel with a resistor....any ideas gratefully accepted and acknowledged
many thx
Daniel

A 10 amp arc flash is pretty hazardous to deal with.
I suggest you find a safe way to achieve your objective.
Perhaps model the conditions on a computer program
Danny wrote:

Would building something similar to an automotive distributor work? Go back in time to the breaker points.

Going back in time...hmmm...now that's a thought that hadn't occurred to me...could get complicated tho'...;)
seriously tho' i'm not sure i understand what ur suggesting...sorry..anyway as soon as i need to connect it to a some sort of a rotating prime mover i'm thinking there must be a smaller. more elegant way
thx for the response anyway...
i'm starting to think 'pseudo white noise' generator (a little zener diode type gen) connected to an aluminium foil contact on a small speaker, the second contact just resting on it. also toying with a 'pseudo white noise' generator connected to an opamp buffer (ajustable level comparator) connected to a relay
any further suggestions actively encouraged and gratefully recieved
i'd a KISS design preferably
thx
Daniel
Danny wrote:

You are talking about 10A on a 240v circuit! This is not an aluminum foil solution. You are in over your head. Please hire someone with more experience to insure a safe as well as effective solution.
--
Benjamin D Miller, PE
www.bmillerengineering.com