Is a fan bearing or bushing?

How do you tell if a fan is ball-bearing type or bushing type?
Says on the fan "Delta Electronics EFB5012HA, DC Brushless". It's a 2 inch,
12v fan.
Googling turns up nada.
Thanks,
--
John English

is it this one? http://www.delta.com.tw/product/cp/dcfans/download/pdf/EFB/EFB50x50x10mm.pdf
-Lasse
" snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk" wrote:

Yes, it's on that data sheet. Ball bearings then.
Graham -- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address
On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:22:27 +0100, Eeyore

--
Only if the OP made a trypo, since the P/N on the data sheet is
EFB0512HA, not EFP5012HA.
John Fields wrote:

I see what you mean. There's a missing zero after the EFB. I can't imagine many manufacturers having part numbers that close that were quite different though.
I assume your introduction of the leter 'P' is also a typo.
Graham
-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address
On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 12:51:28 +0100, Eeyore

--
Yup. Good catch... :-)

JF

John Fields wrote:

I was 'on the ball' at the time < groan > ;~)
Graham
-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

P could indicate sintered phosphor bronze bushing while B indicates ball-bearing :)
John E. wrote:

If it doesn't say otherwise, it's most likely bushing.

It is either 2 ball bearings or one ball bearing and one bushing. Which is which is not specified on the sheet.
Bob

Take it to bits and have a look, of course.
John
"John E." wrote:

The detail will be in the manufacturer's datasheet associated with the exact part number.
Graham
-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address
snipped-for-privacy@xbjcd.com wrote:

Most bearing types will act as a spring when you push in on the impeller.
greg
On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:15:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote:

--
Even if that were true, which it isn't, how could that be used to
differentiate between ball bearings and sleeve bushings?

I'll repeat, most fans I have come across have a spring loaded bearing. I don't trust that to tell motor specs, but I am just saying fact.
greg

Usually, when it's ball bearings it's a sign of quality to the end user so it usually is marked "ball bearings." (Of course it could still be a mix with one end a bushing and the other end a ball bearing.)