Is a fan bearing or bushing?

How do you tell if a fan is ball-bearing type or bushing type?

Says on the fan "Delta Electronics EFB5012HA, DC Brushless". It's a 2 inch,

12v fan.

Googling turns up nada.

Thanks,

Reply to
John E.

is it this one?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

If it doesn't say otherwise, it's most likely bushing.

Reply to
James Sweet

It is either 2 ball bearings or one ball bearing and one bushing. Which is which is not specified on the sheet.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Take it to bits and have a look, of course.

John

Reply to
John Nice

The detail will be in the manufacturer's datasheet associated with the exact part number.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes, it's on that data sheet. Ball bearings then.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Most bearing types will act as a spring when you push in on the impeller.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

I'll repeat, most fans I have come across have a spring loaded bearing. I don't trust that to tell motor specs, but I am just saying fact.

greg

Reply to
GregS

I see what you mean. There's a missing zero after the EFB. I can't imagine many manufacturers having part numbers that close that were quite different though.

I assume your introduction of the leter 'P' is also a typo.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Usually, when it's ball bearings it's a sign of quality to the end user so it usually is marked "ball bearings." (Of course it could still be a mix with one end a bushing and the other end a ball bearing.)

Reply to
John Gilmer

John Fields

Reply to
Benj

I was 'on the ball' at the time < groan > ;~)

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

P could indicate sintered phosphor bronze bushing while B indicates ball-bearing :)

Reply to
Jasen Betts