What kind of fastener is this?

Years ago, I have seen a fastener that I cannot identify but would like use on a project of mine. It looks like a pin about 1/4 to

3/8ths of an inch in diameter and about 2 to 3 inches long. There is a small ball bearing on one end and a plunger on the other. When you push the plunger, the ball bearing loosens up and and you can pull or push the pin in. Can anybody identify this pin for me? Thanks
Reply to
billshat44

"Quick release pin"

Reply to
Pete C.

Might not be exactly what you are reffering to... But... Keychain fastener is what I call it... Common on key chains made custom for giveaways at large companies, amusement park souvenier stands, etc.

Here is a bad photo of one:

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I think McMaster-Carr calls them "quick release pins."

search for quick release pins.

Reply to
dvt

Thanks for your quick response.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Wowee, they are expensive.

Reply to
billshat44

======= one trade name is "Vlier Pin" see

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

Reply to
David Courtney

You can also try Reid Tool Supply, but their prices are probably no better.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Hey Bill,

Try any mar>Years ago, I have seen a fastener that I cannot identify but would

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Carr-Lane sells them also as ball lock pins. They're cheaper than McMaster but have a $25. min. order. If you need more than one check them out at

Paul

Reply to
Paul