Looking for Metric "chain"

Must be "Joe asks questions" week or something...

I'm searching for a source on chain... Not drive chain, but the type that conveyors use for "hanging" loads, etc.

The specifics that I have are:

30MM pitch (1.181") 20MM height (.787") 28.5MM or 1-1/8" "width"

The smallest metric chain my suppliers offer start at 60MM... Anyone have a good source?

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Anybody have any links for putting a gold or chrome color finish on blackened socket head cap screws?

Reply to
Epictitus

Ametric shows it in their print catalog as DIN 8164, and attachments as a separate listing. You need to register to use the online catalog

- I didn't take the time...

Ned Simmons

Looked in the book for it... Didn't find it... Thus my post. Should have called them directly. I should have known they have it and I just didn't look in the right place.

I think I have their datavase saved locally here somewhere... Or I'll call 'em.

Thank you.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Ned,

Did you actually find that part number in a print catalog? After a longer, more in depth search, our catalog still doesn't show it and a call to Ametric led to a discussion about how they don't have "DIN 8164."

If you have a page in a catalog, I'd love to fax it to Ametric and tell them, "This DIN 8164", etc.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

The chain is on p.7 in catalog no. 0103. The table is titled "Metric Solid Bush Chain" and the 30 x 20 mm is Ametric chain no. 430. The metric attachment chain is on pp.12-13; the 30mm is chain no. 630.1

Reply to
Ned Simmons

As they say in my favorite restaurant... Muchos nachos!

Thank you... Much appreciated. I'll pull the catalog out again in a few hours and check it out / make another phone call to them.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Bummer. Standard chain. I need what some folks call "conveyor chain."

I seriously think that the chain is no longer available... Or was custom made for the manufacturer which was bought out two or three times over the past few years and is from Germany...

I seriously and sincerely appreciate the research... But I think it's going to be a "needle in a haystack" find somewhere if it exists... Probably on a used machine somewhere... Rusting away....

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Maybe you find that chain here: . They do have a representative in the US of A:

HTH, Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I assumed you meant roller chain with attachments. Can you describe what you're looking for?

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Describe? Not really...

But I will shoot a digital photo if I can and put it on my web site or something... Might take me a day or so.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Hi Joe,

This is the stuff I think of when you say "Conveyor Chain"

I call it "spreader chain", as in manure spreader :)

The links are pounded together/apart using a BFH and a slotted tool with a handle (TSC also sells the tool).

The old conveyor for bales and grain used the same stuff just a smaller size.

If it is what you are looking for it may save you taking some pictures...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Not quite... But thank you.

I've got the photos and am uploading them to yousendit.com now... I'l have download links shortly. No pun intended. :)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Click below to download the actual JPGs...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Interesting stuff Joe. Have you looked at Renold yet? See:

They claim to carry "Both European (BS) and ANSI ranges of chain are available in double pitch and bush chain forms."

If nothing else they may know of another source (shrug).

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I'll give them a shot at it.

If this wasn't a favor for a shop next door... I'd be rich. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

From what I could make out in your pictures they have a few feet of it that could use some maintenance :)

I was downloading the roller chain pdf when I last posted. I gave it a quick look, but didn't see the exact numbers for pitch and stuff that you wanted. They seemed to have stuff that was close though...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

As of this morning, the machine has been removed from the shop floor... I guess the owner doesn't think it is worth fixing...

I want to sincerely thank everyone who tried to track down what I believe may be a custom made machine / chain system...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill