Gunner is a new owner of a Minty Abene! Yay!

For 8 yrs now..Ive been lusting after a minty Abene miller thats been
sitting on a clients shop floor. Its been sort of a carrot and a stick
running joke between the owner and myself. He is downsizing by
bringing in new high speed machining centers..and needs to off load
some of the older machines to make space.
I will be posting a list and pictures of some of the finest...finest
and prettiest small machines you will ever see...and they will be for
sale..with me as the agent ...like the absolutely mint Hardinge
Horizontal, with verticle attachment and all the goodies....and the
Lagun #1 horizntal millers..just perfect for a home shop..and and
and...
Oh..Ill need to sell my Clausing 8540 horizontal to make room for the
Abene, if anyone is interested..and wants to either come get it..or
arrainge for someone to pick it up..near Bakersfield California.
Tooled too btw...
Anyways...I know there are Abene owners here. I need a manual and I
think I need the overarm support out on the end of the overarm bar.
Anyone?
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner
I celebrate your requited love of said miller.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Sigh...we have not yet consummated the union however...the initial setting it in a comfortable place..that first tentative fumbling around as we plug it in..the gentle stroking of the controls..the finding of The Button..and growing surge as it warms up and starts running.. the increasing flow of lubrication....the selection of levers and knobs, in and out..to and fro... increasingly stiffer and stiffer and faster and faster merging of cutters and work material....harder and faster and deeper and.....
Excuse me...I have to go change my shorts now.......
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner
I've got a manual. It's not very good or clear but I'll see about scanning it so you can look at it. I don't know what year you've got. Mines probably around 1970 or so.
Reply to
Wayne Cook
Check the Practical Machinist web site in the Deckel forum. Someone there will probably help you. There's a guy named Wrench there that sells a compendium of Deckel material on CD or DVD and that might also include some Abene material.
Mike
Reply to
Mike Henry
Thanks Wayne. I dont have a clue what the date is..but Ill post some pictures in the next couple days.
I probably wont get it home for anothe week or two, subject to one of our regulars hauling an empty trailer north, and bring back a full one.
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner
congrats - nice machine - and mine has more power than I know what to do with - runs nicely of a single capacitor single relay static inverter
Reply to
William Noble