Miller Gold Star Tig, Chicaco area $800

MILLER GOLDSTAR welder - $800 (West Chicago ) Date: 2010-08-08, 3:32PM CDT Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to
MILLER GOLDSTAR for sale need to make room in my garage. AC/DC gas tungsten-arc welder I have power source pedal, new 100 amp torch and gas hose. will go with the welder
Model 330/BP
PRIMARY
VOLTS 208/230/460
AMPERES 115/104/52
KW 21.8
KVA 23.9
single phase 60Hz
SECONDARY AC/DC
VOLTS 40 / 30
AMPERES 300 / 300
duty cycle 60% / 60%
Max. OCV 80 / 80
Duty cycle 125% rated output 35%
Manufactured at MILLER ELECTRIC MFG CO. APPELTON WISCONSIN USA
Any questions please call (630) 621-2622 ask for JON or leave a message
"
[Errors when replying to

That's what I have. Mine was $800, got it with a water cooler but I had to get the parts for the torch, an Argon flow regulator, and a hose for the water cooler.
RogerN

Thats a pretty nice machine!
http://store.cyberweld.com/milgol30220v.html
"
[Errors when replying to

Oops, wrong machine, my mistake, mine is the Model 330A/BP, all the other specifications looked about the same.
This is more like mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLER-330A-BP-GAS-WELDER-FOOT-CONTROL-TANK-NICE-/270469024718?pt=BI_Welders
There are more adjustments than it looks like, has a post flow timer, HF intensity, Start circuit, all under the front panel.
RogerN

Ive bought and sold those older Millers, like yours, for less than $400. While they seem to work and keep working, they are "cosmetically" challenged.
Oh..before I forget.... I have one of these, complete with the MIG gun and spooler, ready to rock and roll
http://cgi.ebay.com/Airco-Phase-Arc-500-Amp-MIG-Welder-Power-Supply-/370253772662?pt=BI_Welders
For less than the price this guy wants.
And its in better looking condition..Minty minty.
3ph however....shrug.
THIS is what I use in my shop..and its a Damned FINE welder. Ive been tickled shitless from the very first day I got it, 8 yrs ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Airco-300-Square-Wave-TIG-Stick-Welder-Single-Phase-/280544999187?pt=BI_Welders
Of course mine came completly setup for Tig, Bernard, etc etc.
Its big....shrug..so its not "portable"..but its been sitting in the same place next to both my tig table and my regular big welding table for all that time, and Ive never found a need to move it around.
Id say that machine is as good as, or better than any equivelent Miller or Lincoln welder on the market today.
I dont know who the original manufacturer was, Id love to find out.
Airco tended to rebadge other peoples machines, from what I understand.
Gunner
"
[Errors when replying

I've heard there is over 200lb of copper in them and scrap value is supposed to be over $600 but I haven't gotten scrap copper prices locally. If I could buy them for less than $400, sell a couple of parts and get $600 for copper, that sounds interesting.
RogerN