Miller Gold Star Tig, Chicaco area $800

MILLER GOLDSTAR welder - $800 (West Chicago ) Date: 2010-08-08, 3:32PM CDT Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

MILLER GOLDSTAR for sale need to make room in my garage. AC/DC gas tungsten-arc welder I have power source pedal, new 100 amp torch and gas hose. will go with the welder

Model 330/BP

PRIMARY

VOLTS 208/230/460

AMPERES 115/104/52

KW 21.8

KVA 23.9

single phase 60Hz

SECONDARY AC/DC

VOLTS 40 / 30

AMPERES 300 / 300

duty cycle 60% / 60%

Max. OCV 80 / 80

Duty cycle 125% rated output 35%

Manufactured at MILLER ELECTRIC MFG CO. APPELTON WISCONSIN USA

Any questions please call (630) 621-2622 ask for JON or leave a message

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That's what I have. Mine was $800, got it with a water cooler but I had to get the parts for the torch, an Argon flow regulator, and a hose for the water cooler.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Thats a pretty nice machine!

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Oops, wrong machine, my mistake, mine is the Model 330A/BP, all the other specifications looked about the same.

This is more like mine:

There are more adjustments than it looks like, has a post flow timer, HF intensity, Start circuit, all under the front panel.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Ive bought and sold those older Millers, like yours, for less than $400. While they seem to work and keep working, they are "cosmetically" challenged.

Oh..before I forget.... I have one of these, complete with the MIG gun and spooler, ready to rock and roll

For less than the price this guy wants.

And its in better looking condition..Minty minty.

3ph however....shrug.

THIS is what I use in my shop..and its a Damned FINE welder. Ive been tickled shitless from the very first day I got it, 8 yrs ago.

Of course mine came completly setup for Tig, Bernard, etc etc.

Its big....shrug..so its not "portable"..but its been sitting in the same place next to both my tig table and my regular big welding table for all that time, and Ive never found a need to move it around.

Id say that machine is as good as, or better than any equivelent Miller or Lincoln welder on the market today.

I dont know who the original manufacturer was, Id love to find out.

Airco tended to rebadge other peoples machines, from what I understand.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I've heard there is over 200lb of copper in them and scrap value is supposed to be over $600 but I haven't gotten scrap copper prices locally. If I could buy them for less than $400, sell a couple of parts and get $600 for copper, that sounds interesting.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN