Ping: Ohio Brush Tom

Can you make this for my customer?

Take a ball bearing with inner diameter larger than the drill bit. > Place wire brushes on the inside that fits around the shank of the > drill bit and into the flutes. The brushes have to be soft/flexible > enough not to dull the bit, but firm enough to clean out the flutes. > The collar sits on the drill bit above the work piece. The inside of > the bearing is "attached" to the drill bit by the friction and > pressure of the brushes, and the outside of the bearing is attached to > an arm that holds it above the workpiece. > > When the drill bit spins up, the inner collar spins with it, since it > is not fixed to anything other than the drill bit. The brushes are > stationary with respect to the spinning drill bit (spinning at the > same speed). When the drill moves down into the work piece and up out > of it, the brushes follow the flutes and clean out the gunk.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Sorry, not my area. Just glue a piece of filecard material in a bearing, like a battery post cleaner.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

But I can sell one or two a year for you!

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

CHeck with some of the brush seal mfrs. For example:

Ned Simmons

Mike,

If / when we talk today, ask for Joe Jr. I'll explain the situation a bit. Right now, we are in the quoting stage for the equipment we provide and are sharing ideas with the customer on how to deal with this particular issue they think they will have... But ultimately, if I get the project, I won't be in charge of providing the 'flute cleaning mechanism of choice' they they wind up with. I'll tell them who to call. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

On Wed, 21 May 2008 08:13:44 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew Hartswick quickly quoth:

Ditto here. The s/n ratio got out of hand (as it is here now) and all the olde fartes boogied, leaving only the newbies and no real content. It was all _pukey_ducks_ any more, and no good source for decent shellac. No fellow Neanders and Galoots to hang with. RIP, RWW.

I visit the Wreck on occasion, then quickly return to Wreck.Metal after finding nearly nobody home any more...still.

-- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man. -- Euripides

Reply to
Larry Jaques