Is it possible to feed a 30W fluorescent lamp with...

a 40W electronic ballast for a single tube ? Otherwise, how to reduce the current so that a 30 w fluo tube could be fed safely ?

Help please .

Reply to
Artis Sideley

Read the specs from the manufacture for your ballast. Some ballasts can support other than normal lamp sizes. Trying to use a standard double lamp ballast for one lamp will not work with what I am familiar with. Not to say that someone, somewhere does not make one.

Reply to
SQLit

I have no specs paper of the ballast I have. I tried it with a 36W fluo lamp, it works.

Reply to
Artis Sideley

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:16:40 +0100, Artis Sideley Gave us:

The ballast label has specs. It is required.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

the label only specifies the ouput power and the monotube wiring.

Reply to
Artis Sideley

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:18:40 +0100, Artis Sideley Gave us:

Then it is a mono-tube ballast. D'oh!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Too bad, I expected a smarter answer !

Reply to
Artis Sideley

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:28:56 +0100, Artis Sideley Gave us:

Yet you have no problem being the IDIOT that utilizes devices OUTSIDE their rated spec(s).

D'OH!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs