Is the magnetic scale preventer scam dead?

With all this Powersaver crap being discussed lately, I am reminded of a popular scam of about five or ten years ago. The scammers were selling a magnetic device that you put on the outside of a pipe that would prevent the minerals in hard water from depositing as scale. I don't remember hearing a peep about that over the last few years.

I have seen "magnetized" water for sale even more recently.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Not to mention special magnets to put on your car's fuel line to 'magnetically align' the fuel molecules for better mileage :-)

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

Or your wrist to cure cancer.

Reply to
krw

Actually the cancer cure works much better than the fuel mileage enhancer! The reason is that cancer cures seems to have a large psychosomatic factor whereas your car's engine is not so easily influenced by imagination.

Reply to
Benj

My wife had one on her water line when I met her. When we married and bought a house, she asked if I was going to get one. I'm still chuckling.

Pyramid scams, multi-level marketing scams, countless gas saving scams, health product scams, all come and go depending on the economy, price of gas, success of other products, and so on.

They make minor changes to scam function, major changes to scam names, but the two things that never seem to change are the scams, and the stupid and/or ignorant people that fall for them.

No, I'm not a brilliant electrical engineer, but I do know scams. heh

Beats the radioactive water sold in times past.

CS

Reply to
CS

A pet rock band has never made an album.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

In this case, the term is 'dimbulb', not 'light bulb'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Poor gas mileage won't kill you or the car. Magnetic cancer "cures" can.

Reply to
krw