Is this product a rip-off? It's at least a good laugh.

Well, if your only talking about a few amps I think the "heating" is down in the noise. Tubular lamps are often fed from wires that do around the metal frame of the light fixture.

Reply to
John Gilmer

We were talking about residential application, therefore 10 Amps is reasonable load to test. I think CEC talks about 100A and more and then cutting the slots or using non-conductive material. I do not have any easy setup I could do for 50 or 100A, but if opportunity showes up I will take it.

Art.

Reply to
art

| We talked about the effects of induction due to the fact that the magnetic | flux does not cancel when wires from multicircuit are going through | different openings in the metal plates. I promised a little experiment, you | can find more info at:

Wires simply coming out of a box is not that much of an inductive area. For example, this situation exists on most power company distribution transformers. Where I think more concern is, is when conduit is used, or the hot wires are running along side other wires.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

I agree with you, we have done a little exercise in the school lab, we ran three wires, all connected to the same phase, loaded at close to its capacity (~15A), the conduit became warm fairly quickly. It was apparent that there was more heat then just heat generated by the resistance of the wires, although things are deceiving some times.

Art.

Reply to
art