Is this right?

I dont think it says in the code how much wire needs to stick out of the outlet housing (box) before installing a recepticle?
Also, If I want to run wire for a 220 plug vertically down a studd with a 12-2 wire going through that same stud (through the center), I gess it is ok as long as the 220 v wire is stapled securely right? There is no distance it has to be away from the front of the stud if it is going vertically down the studd right? It would be impossible for it to be 1 1/4 inches from the face becasue I have another wire going through the center. Does that make sense?
Add pictures here
✖

6"
You still need the 1.25". You can get "stackers" that let you run wires parallel to each other spaced out from the stud. They have them at HD/Lowes
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 20, 11:10 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Is that 6 inches from the face of the box?
I am not sure on the stackers??
Add pictures here
✖

yes
These things
http://www.dale-electric.com/detail?itemnumber=SI-1
They are in a bubble pack a few at a time an the home store.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 20, 3:04 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Great! That answers my question. Thanks for the visual.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

6" is free wire from where the wire enters the box. It also has to be 3" beyond the face of the box. (300.14)
Add pictures here
✖
stryped wrote:

Should be 6 inches, code has requirements on the volume of the box and the number/gauge of wires that can be in there too, it's easy to violate that.
After attaching the wires to the receptacle (always use screw or clamp terminals, *never* the push-in spring loaded ones) neatly fold the wires up against the back of the box as you push the receptacle into place. Grounds first, then neutrals, then hots.

I always get it as close to the center as possible. It can come very close to the wire passing through the stud.
Add pictures here
✖