Isolator In Neutral

Recently in Spain, I came across a domestic installation where all the power outlets and light fittings were live, even with the main isolator on the consumer unit switched off, When I say live, I mean the live connection to each fitting.

On investigation behind the isolator panel, I found what I deemed to be the problem. The main isolator was a single pole breaker wired onto the incoming "NEUTRAL" with the live wired direct to the individual circuit MCBs.

This cannot be correct, as the power cannot be isolated from the property.

Has anyone any comments on this practice, or come across this one before.

Thanks. Len.

Reply to
weatherman

Gavin Parsons

It was ment to be tounge in cheek !!!!

Possably not though

Reply to
Gavin Parsons

where all the power

isolator on the

connection to

deemed to be the

incoming

circuit MCBs.

the property.

this one before.

Its not their practice no doubt, but the work of an idiot.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

do it in hte uk

Now...thats hard to believe...what rationale are they giving for such insanity?

Phil Scott

where all the

isolator on the

live connection to