European colour codes

Hi all Have wired up a domestic house in Spain using 2.5mm, Brown live, Blue neutral and Yellow/Green earth. I have been told this is wrong and that the live conductor should be Black, anyone have any input on this? This is the power circuit not the lighting.TIA.

Reply to
amp is

The house may have a 3-phase input which is normal here for loads above

Reply to
amp is

Hallo,

look at the documents HD 308 and EN 60446. The German VDE Norm says for live: braun, black or gray for 2 to 5 wired cable and for single wires. For neutral: blue. For earth: green-yellow.

amp is schrieb:

Reply to
Robert van de Sandt

If you find out brown is not good enough for Spain, and some one tells you it has to be re-done, check the fine print of the code. Generally, wrapping the visible ends of the wire with the correct- color tape will meet the code.

Reply to
Bob n.

I thought that the colors you used were the new European Union colors.

Reply to
Tom Horne, Electrician