KVAr and capacitance

What is the difference??
I have a table that tells me that I need 3 x 55uF to correct the power factor of a 5.5kW motor and www calculators come up with 3 KVAr??

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

At 220V 3ph 60 Hz, 3 55F capacitors will draw 3 KVAr.

Thanks - and at 400v 50Hz - UK 3 phase??
= 6.91 amps
VAR = 400V*6.91A * 3 = 8.29 KVAR
So you see the trouble with pf correction is you have to know how many VAR you need to correct the motor and then figure out the capacitance needed to 'generate' that VAR based on Voltage and frequency.
daestrom