KVAR Cable Loss

I need some help understanding KVAR cable loss. I am reviewing some calculations for a large wind farm project. One of the calculations is
total kvar loss over the cables at different power outputs (0%-100%). Their results show no difference in cable loss between 0% and 100% power output.
Is this correct? I would this KVAR loss would be proportional to power output.
Thanks,
Troy
In article

It probably is not correct. Your question is improperly formulated because it is grammatically deficient. Please try again by considering each word you write down. For example. I have no idea of what you mean by "total kvar loss.
Bill

Troy wrote:

You'll have to give more information on how this loss is "calculated". Is it the difference between the KVAR in at the generator and the KVAR out at the far end of the cable? This will depend on the inductance and capacitance of the cable as well as the voltages and currents involved. At lighter loads the cable capacitance will dominate KVAR and at heavier loads, the inductance will dominate. The net input KVAR for a given KVAR load will depend on these two opposite effects. The results are strange unless the cables are quite short and this may be the situation-possibly the calculations are ignoring cable L and C.
--
Don Kelly
snipped-for-privacy@shawcross.ca