Length of 250g of 37 SWG (40 AWG) wire?

What is the approximate length of 250g of 37 SWG (40 AWG or 0.17mm diameter) enamelled copper wire?
Where can I see a chart showing this sort of info for other gauges of
enamelled copper wire?
Alex Coleman wrote:

It's just possible a manufacturer may have date, like these people: http://mdmetric.com/tech/wirewt.htm
Alex Coleman wrote:

or http://www.interfacebus.com/Copper_Wire_AWG_SIze.html
Alex Coleman wrote:

You did say "enamelled" so I ass-ume you mean magnet wire: http://www.mwswire.com/tech_book.htm

Density of copper = 8.94 gm/cm3 (various sources give 8.92 to 8.96.)
I don't know what the weight of the enamelling is, but as copper is more dense than iron, I'll ignore it.
250g of copper / 8.94 gm = 27.964 cm3.
Cross section area = PI * r (in cm here) squared = 0.00022698 cm2.
Length is 27.964/0.00022698, so 123200 cm.
You might have to take the weight of the enamel into account with that thin wire, but I think a calculation might get close enough.
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:58:21 GMT, the renowned Lostgallifreyan

My wire tables say AWG 40 is 33,410 ft/lb.
So, for 250g =0.551155655 lb would be 18,414 ft = 5,600m, about 4.6x as long.
The reason for the discrepancy-- the diameter of AWG 40 is given as 3.145 mils or about 0.08mm. Square the ratio and we have the difference accounted for.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Or, to put it another way, how long is a piece of metal string? >:)
What with the differing vlues for density, the unknown thickness and weight of enamelling, and what may or may not be a confusion somewhere between radius and diameter, the room for error is large. The OP gives 0.17 mm as a diameter, but yours might be a radius, given a figure of 0.08. I've no idea which is right, but that half/double between the two values is suggestive.
Gave us:

Copper wire... ALL copper wire is given as the gauge of the WIRE part of the "wire". Not enamel or anything else.
Otherwise all current capacity declarations/calculations would be off from maker to maker, when in fact they are merely adjusted for factors related to insulation material and thickness and thermal properties.

yup, but when they weigh a spool of enamelled wire the deduct the weight of the spool and the label but not the weight of the enamel.
Bye. Jasen
Gave us:

Bwuahahahahaha!
Basic math belongs in the basic math group.

So it is. I went looking. I don't know where the OP's value of 0.17 comes from, I just took it at face value.
Gave us:

Apples and oranges?
Bwuahahahahah!