Thin Electronic Wire

Where can I purchase very thin insulated electronic wire, the kind that you might connect to an LED or a grain of wheat bulb?
What would I ask for? What are the specifications for such wire?
Thanks, Craig
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:51:11 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Craig,
If flexibility is not an issue, use wire made for wire-wrapping. http://www.elexp.com/pro-wire.htm
In addition to the wire itself, which has a very small diameter, you will need a cutting and stripping tool.
For flexible wire, do a Google search for AWG28 insulated wire. Any even number from 28 to 40 should yield results for you. eg. AWG30, AWG32 and so on. The higher the number, the smaller the wire diameter. If you want stranded wire for flexibility, make sure to use the term stranded in your search bar. -- Ray
Craig wrote:

Brawa make/offer a range of colours of very fine multi-strand wire, the finest I've ever come across - check out their website. I have no idea about US wire sizes, they are all weird!
Greg.P.

Not so weird, Greg. The number refers to how many wires to make a bundle of one inch.
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:13:01 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

With Kiwis you have to describe it in terms of sheep. How many strands of virgin wool to an inch, and so forth.
Weird? Yes. Virgin wool is nearly impossible to find in New Zealand. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

That's why Jesus wasn't born in Auckland - they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin...
Mark Newton wrote:

That would hold true of everywhere you're not bombing and most of the places you are!
Greg Procter wrote:

You're a deadset pie-eater, Greg. How many times do I have to tell you? I'm *not* a Yank. I live on NZ's West Island, formerly trading as Australia. I'm not "bombing" anyone.
Mark Newton wrote:

Should I care?

Australia is right there beside the US bombing people in foreign countries - that means _you_ as a voter and tax-payer. (sorry, we're getting off ng topic)
Greg.P.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:52:35 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

You'll never change, Greg. You're never on topic. Always belligerent. Always moronic. Always hateful. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Err, commenting on your nation slaughtering innocent people in other countries is "hateful" - how do you figure that???
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:20:55 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Err, if that was your only comment . . . -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

My comment was to suggest a readily available source of very fine wire, as was requested, and further to say that I had no way of translating the actual dimensions of said wire into US terminology because said US terminology has no apparent or obvious direct correlation with metric measurements. That was intended to be helpful, as are most of my postings on this ng. Your comments, on the other hand, are never helpful but seem to entirely consist of sniping, carping and plain offensiveness.
Regards, Greg.P.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:15:20 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Greg, my comments were spot on. Your diversion to bombing and critical comments about AWG wire sizes being "Yank" sizes were so off topic as to be laughable. However, in the spirit of things, I made a few Kiwi jokes in response rather than flame you to a cinder, which you richly deserve. You, on the other hand, continue to spew nonsense about wire sizes being American.
So, tell me. What wire size scheme does New Zealand use? Even Australia, metric for a long time, still uses AWG standards. In other words, Greg, you're blowing smoke yet again. New Zealand still uses AWG just like the rest of the world. -- Ray
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:03:54 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Greg, Greg, Greg . . .
The US, Australia and the rest of the world are NOT at war with Iraq. That was is over. Has been for quite a while now. If you're too pig ignorant to see that, you simply prove your own worthlessness.
There's a civil war going on in Iraq. That's fairly common after wars of occupation like WWII. Do you think Germany simply stopped being Nazi controlled and immediately accepted a democratic system? -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

So why do you keep slaughtering innocent Iraqis and occupying their country?

Hmmm, occupied countries in WWII ... Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Norway ... I seem to have overlooked those civil wars!

Nazi Germany invaded and occupied numerous countries, was itself invaded and occupied from 1945-1950/1. Again I seem to have missed the civil war! Where is the parallel Iraqi occupation of other countries in 2003?
I can agree that Saddam needed to be removed, but perhaps you shouldn't have helped put him there in the first place? I agree he shouldn't have been allowed WMDs to slaughter his civilians but why did you provide him with them? Perhaps you should have withdrawn your military advisors after he did that? So why did you only invade and remove him _after_ it was obvious that the WMDs were life expired?
So anyway, why are you still slaughtering Iraqis?
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:41:46 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

We're not. Only the Kiwis are doing that. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Hmmm, so you're either saying 'no Iraqis are dying' or 'the USa can't control Iraq' I'm happy to leave your lies at that point, this being a MR newsgroup.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:49:09 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

No, Greg. What I am stating is that there are as many Kiwis slaughtering Iraqis as there are Australians or Americans doing it. In case you haven't noticed this minor detail, Greg, Iraqis, Jordanians, Syrians and Iranians are doing most of the slaughtering under the guise of an insurgency.
At the moment, there are no declared wars against the country known as Iraq. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Where did you dream up that bit of misinformation?

It's a good story, but perhaps you've overlooked the fact that you yanks have taken control of the security of Iraq and therefore are responsible for that security?

The fact that you didn't 'declare war' against Iraq doesn't mean you didn't invade Iraq nor that you're not carrying on a war against Iraq.