Thin Electronic Wire

For a take on shameless Chambliss, see:

Steve Caple

What a craven turd this Chambliss is! Even by the egregiously low standards of his party, he's a fucken' maggot.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Would you two bigots take your ignornace off line. It is people like you wh have ruined this once great forum. Thanks.

Reply to
Tom

I suggested they get a room, but they couldn't decide how to share the sheep.

Reply to
Steve Caple

One for ewe, one for me.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John Fraser

Err Ray, I just told you I don't know what the AWG standard is. How can I work to it? I would just measure the wire diameter and work to metric standards.

Reply to
Greg Procter

It most definitely didn't, but many of us stood up against him and made our feelings known.

It's a lesson we needed to learn the hard way.

Just as I did when NZ took part in Vietnam, you took part in a democratic process that elected your politicians. My taxes were used (amongst other things) to send our military there, yours pay for Aussies to oppress Iraqis. NZ took part in Vietnam in _my_ name, Aussie takes part in Iraq in _your_ name. It's a tough call! ;-) If Iraq somehow managed to retaliate by bombing your city/town/outback would you blame them?

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Imagine you're an innocent civilian living in Bagdad - would you be happy with the distinction? (given that there is probably no Iraqi in Iraq who hasn't lost at least one close family member)

Yes they do! Though not well maintained.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I for one apologise for getting into this argument. However, I continue to be concerned for people around the world and when faced with such bigotry, arrogance and deliberate insult against my country, I will react. Saddam slaughtered a million people with direct US help, another million died because the US insisted on horrific sanctions against Iraq for a decade, and acording to reasoned estimates another 670,000 Iraqis have died since the US decided to invade. I'm human, so don't ask me to ignore such facts when they are thrown in my face.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:51:24 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Err, well, Greg, you do have to know the conversion factors based on both standards to do the math.

No you wouldn't. The wire diameter is only part of it. What about stranded wire? There are many diameters in there and the average is the AWG number, not the actual measured diameter.

I'll tell you what, Greg. You can pretend to be as dumb as you want regarding this issue from here on out. You and your wrong headed pals who are e-mailing me are still as wrong as you can be. Perhaps that's even you mailing me under a false name since I have your mail blocked.

You now have the floor, the last word and everything. Nice how you managed to take an honest question which was answered perfectly and turn in into another of your off-topic war rants and idiotic theory sessions. You always seem to do that and then scratch your head in wonder that you wind up in kill files.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:22:38 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

No kidding. That's why he's gone now.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

No Greg, I wouldn't I was just trying to point out to Ray his flag-waving ignorance of the actual events. (And no, we don't want him back...)

(just trying to get back on topic..)

Reply to
Franz T

NEWSFLASH: This is a model railroading newsgroup. Take your political discussions elsewhere or take it to e-mail. No one here cares if your country is insulted (unless it's about how they run railroads or manufacture railroad models). No one here cares if you feel you must be the white knight, freeing the world's oppressed. People here care about model railroading. If you care about model railroading, STOP TALKING POLITICS HERE!!! My god, there are thousands of political newsgroups, websites, forums and blogs on the 'net. Why do you people insist on turning r.m.r into one? Give it a frickin' break, for pete's sake. This is the only non-moderated, non-owned, unbiased place on the entire internet to talk model railroading, and you and your political discussions are killing it. Please, for the love of model railroading, stop it. And if in the future, you see that someone is talking smack about your country, send them an e-mail or, better yet, ignore it. You aren't going to change their mind anymore than they are going to change yours. It's pointless to post your politics here. It's like trying to talk sense into a boulder, or hold back the tide with your bare hands. It's a total waste of time.

Paul A. Cutler III r.m.r Deputy Sheriff

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Two?? I note four persons who have submitted multiple posts to this heading. Human nature being what it is, I'm sure each one believes that it is two of the remaining three that you have in mind. Thank you.

Jerry

Reply to
trainjer

Nah, it's blow-ins, wannabe moderators and fuckwits who can't even properly spell the words they use to convey their confected outrage who "have ruined this once great forum"...

It's *ignorance*...

Reply to
Mark Newton

Gone a bit quiet there, Ray. What's up, run out of things to say about Iraq, and why America should keep sending it's young people over there to get killed and horribly maimed? I notice you have no response to factual statements regarding the postwar situation in Germany, either...

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Hey, now, it's obviously a bit of dyslexic fingers at work. Some of us aren't anal enough to run spell checkers on simple posts, Cnut.

Oh - you aren't of Norse extraction?

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:20:14 +1000, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Mark Newton instead replied:

Nah, just busy with daily life outside of this newsgroup. But you can carry on as long as you wish.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Busy bombarding the newsgroup with nonsense posts about AWG and how good things are in Iraq, more like.

Reply to
Mark Newton

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:00:16 +1000, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Mark Newton instead replied:

Er, moron, you just complained about my lack of posting here. Make up your mind.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad