Thin Electronic Wire

Should I care?

Australia is right there beside the US bombing people in foreign countries - that means _you_ as a voter and tax-payer. (sorry, we're getting off ng topic)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I've no problem with _international_ wire gauges. AWG is _US only_ and not in the least international. Even before we went metric no-one knew what AWG was.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:52:35 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

You'll never change, Greg. You're never on topic. Always belligerent. Always moronic. Always hateful.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:56:20 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

No one? American wire was sold around the world. Even in that backwater country known as New Zealand.

The only one who missed the boat is you, Greg. Just you.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Err, commenting on your nation slaughtering innocent people in other countries is "hateful" - how do you figure that???

Reply to
Greg Procter

and the other 95% of the world's population!

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:20:55 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Err, if that was your only comment . . .

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:21:37 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

You got a valid reference for that 95% claim? There are millions of miles of wire in New Zealand that uses the wire gauges. Even the brand new CAT5 and telephone cable is AWG wire. Your computer is full of it. Go ahead. Look at the tiny letters on the wire. Without AWG wire, you'd be silenced forever over there.

If only.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

My comment was to suggest a readily available source of very fine wire, as was requested, and further to say that I had no way of translating the actual dimensions of said wire into US terminology because said US terminology has no apparent or obvious direct correlation with metric measurements. That was intended to be helpful, as are most of my postings on this ng. Your comments, on the other hand, are never helpful but seem to entirely consist of sniping, carping and plain offensiveness.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:15:20 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Greg, my comments were spot on. Your diversion to bombing and critical comments about AWG wire sizes being "Yank" sizes were so off topic as to be laughable. However, in the spirit of things, I made a few Kiwi jokes in response rather than flame you to a cinder, which you richly deserve. You, on the other hand, continue to spew nonsense about wire sizes being American.

So, tell me. What wire size scheme does New Zealand use? Even Australia, metric for a long time, still uses AWG standards. In other words, Greg, you're blowing smoke yet again. New Zealand still uses AWG just like the rest of the world.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Certainly. If you put your little brain into gear you could divide 6 billion by 300 million and figure 5% all by yourself - the 95% is of course 100% - 5% =

95%.

How would you figure that? We export more electronics equipment to the USa than we import electronis equipment from the USa.

We import electrical and electronics wire from around the world, pre

1985 generally from nations we exported to which was largely British Commonwealth and Europe. Britain of course had it's own unintelligible wire gauge standards (ie not AWG) and Europe Metric. Since 1985 we've bought such gear mostly from Asia as our traditional suppliers became more expensive.

Wire in the real world is measured in millimetres2 - it may well equate to AWG sizes (well Duhh!) but no-one uses such sizing terminology unless of course they are selling to the USa.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:26:59 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Nonsense. The UK, China, India, Australia, Taiwan and New Zealand all use AWG standards for reference. Look at the tiny words printed on your computer power cable or your network cable, Greg. The AWG reference standard is printed right on it.

Irrelevant, Greg. The wire used is AWG wire.

Bzzt! No, they use AWG when they use AWG wire. Simple.

Um, not it's not Greg. It's AWG wire and when it is, AWG reference standards are used.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I just happen to have a spare power cable right here: Lucky United HO5VV_F 3 G 0.75mm2 KEMA-KEUR +s+s+sHDNS [logo] Q98250 227 IEC53(RVV) (logo) CH0035551-99 repeat ...

OK, so where amongst that lot is the AWG??? I can see the metric wire size. Ray, old thicko, the manufacturers change the coding to suit the intended market,

Where would we get AWG wire from? and why???

Of course, but you fail to show any usage by British and European manufacturers of AWG standards. I imagine they get wire manufacturers to print AWG specs on wires intended for export to the USa.

It's wire - it measures equally well in metric measurements or AWG.

0.75mm probably equates to some number in AWG, but as we don't use AWG I wouldn't have a clue what AWG code it equates to without reference to a set of tables. 0.75mm on the other hand is right there on my micrometer, my vernier calipers, my lathe, my milling machine etc etc. I can calculate the cross-section, the surface area, the resistance and numerous other factors without problem. For AWG I need a set of tables, as does everyone else.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:14:29 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

No. You're wrong. No surprise there.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I just typed out all the markings on the computer cable from beside the desk - you're claiming I can't read printing on a computer cable???

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:47:44 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:03:54 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Greg, Greg, Greg . . .

The US, Australia and the rest of the world are NOT at war with Iraq. That was is over. Has been for quite a while now. If you're too pig ignorant to see that, you simply prove your own worthlessness.

There's a civil war going on in Iraq. That's fairly common after wars of occupation like WWII. Do you think Germany simply stopped being Nazi controlled and immediately accepted a democratic system?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Reply to
Greg Procter

So why do you keep slaughtering innocent Iraqis and occupying their country?

Hmmm, occupied countries in WWII ... Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Norway ... I seem to have overlooked those civil wars!

Nazi Germany invaded and occupied numerous countries, was itself invaded and occupied from 1945-1950/1. Again I seem to have missed the civil war! Where is the parallel Iraqi occupation of other countries in 2003?

I can agree that Saddam needed to be removed, but perhaps you shouldn't have helped put him there in the first place? I agree he shouldn't have been allowed WMDs to slaughter his civilians but why did you provide him with them? Perhaps you should have withdrawn your military advisors after he did that? So why did you only invade and remove him _after_ it was obvious that the WMDs were life expired?

So anyway, why are you still slaughtering Iraqis?

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:41:46 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

We're not. Only the Kiwis are doing that.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad