Thin Electronic Wire

Hmmm, so you're either saying 'no Iraqis are dying' or 'the USa can't control Iraq' I'm happy to leave your lies at that point, this being a MR newsgroup.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:30:07 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Go on now. Inventory every cable and wire in your house and get back to me with the tally. My guess is you already did a peek on a few and found out that I was right. It's all right, Greg. You can save face by simply remaining silent. Or, you can lie about what you find. However, full points for admitting you had some AWG cables in hand with US plugs on them. Oh, by the way. Those are also used in Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong, mate. Chances are you got them from one of those sources rather than the US. But, you hate America so just carry on with your fantasy.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:49:09 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

No, Greg. What I am stating is that there are as many Kiwis slaughtering Iraqis as there are Australians or Americans doing it. In case you haven't noticed this minor detail, Greg, Iraqis, Jordanians, Syrians and Iranians are doing most of the slaughtering under the guise of an insurgency.

At the moment, there are no declared wars against the country known as Iraq.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

No Ray, it is an _international_ standard. _American_ (wire gauge) standard is foreign because it pertains only to the USa.

We do have 'X sheep lengths' but we only use that on yank tourists.

Given your ongoing stupidity I'm beginning to doubt that. However

299,999,999 other yanks can't be that stupid.

Your guess is up to your usual standard - totally wrong.

I got them from Sherline at the beginning of the week. (that's a US lathe and milling machine maker who makes an Australian designed lathe)

Why would I hate "America"? I certainly hate some of the crimes you commit around the world in your efforts to spread terrorism as widely as possible, but I have no problem with the USa as a whole, nor with it's citizens outside of that one area.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Where did you dream up that bit of misinformation?

It's a good story, but perhaps you've overlooked the fact that you yanks have taken control of the security of Iraq and therefore are responsible for that security?

The fact that you didn't 'declare war' against Iraq doesn't mean you didn't invade Iraq nor that you're not carrying on a war against Iraq.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:12:15 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

How many Kiwis have slaughtered Iraqis? Probably none. The same as Americans or Australians. See how that works?

Yet the insurgents remain and will remain until they are the dominant power in Iraq. Democracy needs to be protected there, Greg. New Zealanders have no idea what a war for democracy means. Yours was handed to you on a platter when the United Kingdom spat out the dregs and you formed an independent government.

The US most certainly did declare war. Congress approved it. Australia signed on. New Zealand, being afraid to admit it has no armed forces, declined.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I could see that, except for the facts. I'll admit that there aren't actually a lot of verifable facts, but one that the US released was that 203 uncharged Iraqi individuals died in US custody in Bagdad's central prison in the first year of US occupation.

That sounds reasonable - do you understand the meaning of the word "insurgency" and it's relevance in a country occupied and repressed by a foreign occupation force???

Democracy needs to be introduced there, Ray.

And exactly where would you get any understanding of democracy?

Exactly when did this "declared war" end and why didn't you stop slaughtering innocent people?

Reply to
Greg Procter

Yes, you should. I'm about the only ally you're ever likely to have here on r.m.r. Calling me a Yank is like calling you an Aussie...

Only a tax-payer - never a voter. By your "logic", you as a "voter and tax-payer" must have been responsible for the antics of Piggy Muldoon and Roger Douglas. You accept that, do you?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Absolutely: - I voted against Rob Muldoon but I accepted that his party won a majority of the vote. Roger Douglas is a slightly different matter - I voted for his party - they did the opposite of that which they said they would do. Whatever, NZ forces were in Vietnam slaughtering peasants and my taxes were going towards paying for that crime - I was part of the NZ protest against that action.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Why don't you guys get a room? And a couple of sheep.

Reply to
Steve Caple

You and Ray need one each?

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:00:18 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Greg, you and the facts remain strangers.

You do realize that many of those died of injuries sustained well before they got there? Like, in combat. Against American and Australian soldiers. You know. During battle?

Do you understand the meaning? Are you supporting them? Do you believe they're in the right?

Tell that to the millions who voted for the leadership they have now. Free elections were held for the first time in many decades.

Heh. Better than you, clearly.

As I recall, it was a year ago in March. Seriously. Look it up.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:53:23 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Now, this is about as ignorant a statement as you have ever made. If you don't use the AWG standard, how do you convert to metric? Think about it.

Never mind. You're not able.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Dead bodies remain fact whether I knew them before you slaughtered them or not.

You yanks illegally attacked Iraq - they have every right to defend their country and still retain "innocent" status. Or are you suggesting that yanks killed at Pearl Harbour were guilty and deserved to die???

Of course I do.

that's a tough call!

The ones who kill foreign occupation forces most definitely are.

The "leadership" consists of a foreign occupation force and Quisling Iraqis.

Free elections were held for the first time in many decades.

"Free elections" are valueless when foreign occupation forces decide who can stand, when foreign occupation forces restrict who can vote and who control what those so-called elected leaders can and cannot do.

No, you're a yank, you have no idea of democracy or it's value. You've supported dictatorships against self-rule for the last 60 odd years - your valuing of democracy is zero.

Any politician can make decrees - the reality is that the situation in Iraq has worsened since a year ago in March - look it up.

Reply to
Greg Procter

It's a statement of fact, you idiot.

I don't use an AWG standard - if I were to find a piece of wire marked AWG in my hand I would have to look it up in a table, or measure it, to work out what it's characterisics were.

Look at it the other way around - if you found a piece of metric marked wire, would you work to Metric standards or would you find out it's equivalent in AWG standard?

Don't bother, you're not intelligent enough to understand the question.

I don't use the AWG code because I don't know what it is. I don't need to know what the code is because I work in metrics or absolutes.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:12:33 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

When I use metric wire, I conform to the metric standard. See how easy that was? When you use AWG, the wire and you both conform to the AWG standard. Even if you convert it, you still had to rely on the standard or your calculations would be wrong.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

As if that make it alright.

More fool you, then.

Good, something we can agree on. I've been arrested at one anti-Iraq war demo, and monstered by the special branch at another. Don't you ever

*dare* suggest I'm complicit in, or support, Australia's involvement in Iraq.
Reply to
Mark Newton

Not wishing to split hairs here (and having very few left to split anyway), Congress did NOT declare war. It merely authorized The Shrub to use military force to make Iraq comply with UN resolutions. Similar to the tactic used by The Bush a dozen years prior. Probably based on the theory of the Tonkin Resolution which Landslide Lyndon used to get us bogged down in Vietnam. No declared war - no need for a casus belli or a formal peace treaty afterward. (unlike Korea, which 50 years late is STILL a declared war, despite the armistice..) Not that I'm implying that Iraq is like Vietnam. After all, both Bush and Cheney knew how go get out of Vietnam very effectively... BTW, do they have trains in Iraq??

Reply to
Franz T

Well, they *used* to!

Seriously I'm aware that the railway continues to tun, in spite of everyone's best efforts to the contrary. IIRC there was an article on this topic in Trains not too long ago,

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Amen! War is good business, invest somebody else's son.

Reply to
Steve Caple