Life time battery

I have a set of bathroom scales. I opened the battery compartment and the battery is hard connected. It is the same shape as a 9 volt
battery but it looks like it is designed for never replacing. I assume that your weight is enough force to supply a charge to the battery.
Anyone know how these actually work? - --
--
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net When replying by email please leave this signature intact.

     snipped-for-privacy@charter.net writes:

Is it just a lithium one? That's what's used in lifetime smoke detectors (10 year life).
--
Andrew Gabriel

On 13 Jan 2006 16:16:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

It is a lithium battery. I would call a lifetime a little more than 10 years. - --
--
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net When replying by email please leave this signature intact.

     snipped-for-privacy@charter.net writes:

Yours or the scales'?
The phrase "lifetime guarantee" always makes me smile; "It's guaranteed until it reaches the end of its life" ;-)
In the case of smoke detectors, the sensors have a safe life of around 10 years, so there's no point in having one with a much longer battery life.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have a stack of 3.5 floppies that have a lifetime guarantee. I wanted to install spinrite a few weeks back. It took me 5 disks before I found a good one. Guess the lifespan of a floppy is about 10 years too.