Location of phone wall sockets

The main objective is ease of access to the phone sockets. I want to be able attach and detach various devices.
The routing you mention is neat. Unfortunately it doesn't really let me have easy physical access to the sockets. (BTW the phone lines carry only voice; they don't carry data).
The problem for a lot of us is why do you need to keep changing your phone equipment. For most it's plug it in & use it (forgetting the plug it in bit of course, so that when they do go onto broadband, have problems & the engineer has to visit only to find that they haven't got at least 1 if not more phones unfiltered)
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:58:50 +0100, "Krft"

I'm using a real telephone (741) with a dial (oh, as well as a 1+3 switchboard), and have no problem with them if I don't use a filter.
--
Frank Erskine

wrote: | | >The problem for a lot of us is why do you need to keep changing | >your phone equipment. For most it's plug it in & use it | >(forgetting the plug it in bit of course, so that when they do go | >onto broadband, have problems & the engineer has to visit only to | >find that they haven't got at least 1 if not more phones | >unfiltered) | > | I'm using a real telephone (741) with a dial (oh, as well as a 1+3 | switchboard), and have no problem with them if I don't use a filter. |
Be careful it could turn round & bite you. The number of end users who state it's been working perfectly well without that x,y,z being filtered but it's suddenly stopped & when you unplug that particular piece of kit it suddenly works again is extremely large.
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:34:37 +0100, "Krft"

???

I normally do (in fact always) use microfilters, but I can't see why a particular configuration should change suddenly unless some humanoid somewhere does something. Why would stuff suddenly stop working?
The other telephones on the switchboard are 232s (with bellsets 26).
--
Frank Erskine

wrote: | >| | >| >The problem for a lot of us is why do you need to keep changing | >| >your phone equipment. For most it's plug it in & use it | >| >(forgetting the plug it in bit of course, so that when they do | >| >go onto broadband, have problems & the engineer has to visit | >| >only to find that they haven't got at least 1 if not more phones | >| >unfiltered) | >| > | >| I'm using a real telephone (741) with a dial (oh, as well as a | >| 1+3 switchboard), and have no problem with them if I don't use a | >| filter. | >| | > | >Be careful it could turn round & bite you. The number of end | >users ??? who state it's been working perfectly well without that | >x,y,z being filtered but it's suddenly stopped & when you unplug | >that particular piece of kit it suddenly works again is extremely | >large. | > | I normally do (in fact always) use microfilters, but I can't see | why a particular configuration should change suddenly unless some | humanoid somewhere does something. Why would stuff suddenly stop | working? |
Ever heard of the electrolite in capacitiors drying up, a HR on a board and a thousand and one things which can affect the performance of a circuit. It doesn't take much & the equipment could still appear to be (and could in fact be) fully functional it's just a little noisier electronically.

"The problem for a lot of us is why do you need to keep changing your phone equipment".
For testing and comparison work. You and I are probably not doing the same things.