Motion detector wiring modification

I have wired a motion detector floodlight with a single pole switching the feed, and a 3-way spdt switching the hot that feeds the sensor lead and the other goes straight to the lights bypassing the sensor. however the sensor switchleg is still connected to the light leads so I am wondering if this causes a "backfed" condition to the sensor when the switch is bypassing the sensor. If the sensor can be activated in reverse, then the relay would close and send power back down the other traveler leg of the 3-way? The light is wired this way because the "toggle" function of the light was not working reliably to switch modes from manual to auto.

The other main question I have is if this might be damaging the sensor to have it wired this way. The only other way I could think of to cut power to the sensor switchleg when the 3-way is set to "manual" is to install a normally closed relay at the box, but I'm not sure if that is even permitted by NEC.

Thanks for any help. I'm not good with text diagrams but here's an attempt

====feed====\spst====\spdt====sensor====light | | |===========|

Reply to
mi part time