Need help in finding German power generation info

Hi,

I'm trying to analyse the German electricity industry and I'm trying to collect basic data on German power plants (e.g. capacity, fuel type, location, etc). Some data are available from individual companies like RWE, but I can't seem to find consolidated data for the entire Germany. Any recommendations? I can't read German, so my search has been limited to English documents and websites so far.

Thanks.

Reply to
thampw

Why should the german industry produce data in English? Does the US generation industry publish in Serbo-Croat? if you want to get into a country in detail first learn a little of its labguage.

Reply to
John Nice

Your comments are pretty lame. The Germans do publish data in English as I've found since last posting the question. You might not be aware that EU is moving towards a common energy market, and thus, English is one of the main languages used. Next time, if you have no sensible answers to provide, please keep quiet.

John Nice wrote:

Reply to
thampw

Reply to
gclegg

? ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

There are many companies in Germany that generate electricity.Major ones are beside RWE ,Vattenfall and E.on.The generating industry in Germany had (in

1992) a total capacity of 104905 MW, 15272 in industry 1437 in railway(in Germany the trains have mostly electric traction with a 15 kV 16 2/3 Hz catenary system).From this.:Coal 33951(27,9%),brown coal 25533(21,0%),nuclear power 23869(19,6%),natural gas 18250(15,0%),mineral oil 9820 (8,1%),hydro 8848(7,3%),trash incineration 1343 (1,1%).Total generation in 1993 was 524,471 TWh.You could easily find more recent statistics by getting a fresh copy of "Der Fischer Weltalmanach"(I have the '96 version-the title of the book means the world's almanak).This book has all kind of statistics but AFAIK comes only in german.Many things have changed in Germany since 1996, of course.Including high penetration of the wind-turbines generators(last time I read an article in "der Spiegel",it was 18 GW)and the consequences are to be taken into account, of course.Besides a different household voltage and frequency than in the States, the transmission and distribution voltages are different, being 380 kV,220 kV,150 kV,66 kV,20 kV,15 kV, and 400/230V.Hope this helps,

-- Tzortzakakis Dimitrios major in electrical engineering,freelance electrician

542nd mechanized infantry batallion dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Check the "Bundesnetzagentur fuer Elektizitaet, Gas, Telekommunikation, Post und Eisenbahnen" which regulates the energy market.

english)

Many people in germany speak good english, if you need information, just contact them.

Best regards,

Max

Reply to
Maximilian Becker