Need one more neutral bus connection

Hello-

I posted this in alt.home.repair but I thought I'd ask in a more specific newsgroup as well..

I'm adding two double pole 20A 12-3 wire circuits to my breaker box for

my basement. Each of the two 12-3 runs is split into two 110v circuits

(alternating circuits between outlets along the run) with the neutral for each run being shared between the two alternating circuits.

Because I have two of these runs, I have to connect two white neutral wires to the neutral bar in my breaker box. Unfortulately, I only have

one open connection on my neutral bar left.

**Since this is my main panel for my house**** (not a sub-panel). What do I have to do so I can get the extra neutral connection I need? I have open neutral bar connections. Because this is my main panel for the house, can I use one of the open connections on the ground bar for the final neutral wire I have

And before anyone asks, no my 150AMP Siemens panel is not overloaded.

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Clocker

I would pigy back a2 ground wire and do it that way or add another ground/nurutal buss barr and move all the ground to it and connect it with a piece of 4 gauge wire...

Reply to
Phillip Devoll

Read the panel documentation. MOST residential panels ARE rated for more than one wire OF THE SAME SIZE under the neutral and ground bars. Check to be sure.

Reply to
SQLit

Not permitted for neutrals (408.41).

bud--