Need to do some electrical work in the attic

I need to get into my attic and put a new ceeling box for one the bedroom fans, however, the attic has big flexible Central Air Unit
ducting all over the attic, I wonder if I can briefly lay on top of this ducting to get to the place I need to get without the ducting tearing. Are this ducts made to resist a reasonable amount of weight?

If they are like the ones in my attic, a rat would squash them. They are nothing but some thin plastic film with insulation over a coil of spring wire coil to hold them open. Any weight at all will flatten them.

You didn't say where you were and what kind of roof slope you have but if this is the typical 3:12 Florida attic the less you move around the better. Your ducts will definately be damaged if you lean on them. I like blue Smurf tube for snaking wires around in the attic. It is stiff enough that you can whip and push it almost anywhere.I would try to get a helper to stick a hand up through the hole where the box goes and you try to shoot the smurf to them. It may take a few tries but that is better than crushing your ductwork and pumping your A/C into the attic. Once you get the smurf snapped into the new box you can push your conductors in. Tape the ends so you have a blunt point and no sharp edges that will snag on the corrogations.